Attorneys and marijuana law enthusiasts, mark your calendars for a high altitude seminar on cannabis law hosted by the National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML). The Aspen Legal Seminar is a three-day event, which takes place in Aspen, Colorado June 2-4, 2016. Lawyers from any state that requires Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits.
Keynote speakers and seminar lecturers include business professionals, lawyers from states throughout the U.S., and even a U.S. Attorney whose name has been withheld pending his retirement prior to the event. The Aspen Legal Seminar will cover variety of topics from banking to child welfare and how to navigate through rapidly changing state, Federal and local laws to deal with those issues.
2016 Aspen Legal Seminar Lectures include:
- NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano on The Safety and Efficacy of Marijuana
- Courtney Moran from Portland on Cannabis Law Hemp and History
- Danica Noble (Seattle) on Anti-Trust, Unfair Business Practices and Consumer Protection Issues in the Emerging Marijuana Markets
- Adam Wolf (San Francisco) on Legal Challenges to Colorado’s Laws: Civil Rico, Preemption, and the Supreme Court
- Mary Conn (Houston) on Law, Drugs and Our Changing Society
- Mary Chartier and Natalie Alane (Lansing, MI) will lecture on Litigating Through the Haze of Marijuana Law — The Impact of Marijuana Use And Marijuana Businesses on Child Custody and Child Welfare Cases
- Prof. Sam Kamin (Denver Law School) on Marijuana Policy Reform at the Federal Level: Overcoming the Stalemate Between State and Federal Law
- Jerri Merrit (Denver) on Federal Drug Sentencing Update: Changes in Attitudes vs Changes in Latitude (Using Inspired Variance Motions to Achieve Both)
- A US Attorney (name withheld pending retirement) on The Advantages of Ending Marijuana Prohibition from the Perspective of a US Attorney.
- Emily Gant (Seattle) on Cannabis Business 101
- Lisa Padilla (NY) on Special Estate Planning Techniques for Cannabis Business
- David Michael and Edward Michael Burch on Current Issues in Federal Forfeiture Cases, Including Dog Alerts To Currency
- Dr. Carl Hart (NY Columbia University) on How Pot Can Cure Racism
- Gerry Goldstein (San Antonio/ Aspen) Annual Review of 4th Amendment Decisions
2016 Aspen Legal Seminar Details:
The 2016 NORML Aspen Legal Seminar will be held at the Gant, a premier resort hotel in Aspen, on June 2, 3 and 4, 2016. NORML has blocked rooms at the resort, which is extending discount rates to attendees, and attendees are encouraged to reserve a room early to ensure availability. For those reserving a room online, the code to qualify for our block of rooms is NORML16.
Click Here for More Information: http://norml.org/about/events/aspen-legal-seminar
Photo © Snowden Bishop